|Name||Video and Image Processing Design Example on DVI Display|
|Description||The Altera Video and Image Processing Design Example demonstrates the following items: |
(1) A framework for rapid development of video and image processing systems.
(2) Dynamic scaling, clipping, flashing, moving, sharpening and FIR filtering of both standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) inputs.
(3) Picture-in-picture mixing with a background layer.
(4) Run-time control of different parts of the system, including a radar that uses on-screen display functions.
(5) Debugging components for monitoring the video stream from within the data path.
The design example runs from the Bitec HSMC DVI and Bitec HSMC Quad Video daughter cards. The standard definition video stream is in either National Television System Committee (NTSC) or phase alternation line (PAL) format. The high-definition video stream uses a digital video interface (DVI) port.
|Development Kit||Cyclone V GT FPGA Development Kit|
Download (The download link will expire on June 23, 2021, 9:15 a.m., please refresh the page to get a new link.)
Note: After downloading the design example, you must prepare the design template. The file you downloaded is of the form of a <project>.par file which contains a compressed version of your design files (similar to a .qar file) and metadata describing the project. The combination of this information is what constitutes a <project>.par file. In releases 16.0 or newer, you can simply double click on the <project>.par file and Quartus will launch that project.
Browse to the <project>.par file you downloaded, click next, followed by Finish, and your design template will be installed and displayed in the Project Navigator pane in Quartus.
Note: When a design is stored in the Design Store as a design template, it has been previously regression tested against the stated version of Quartus software. The regression ensures the design template passes analysis/synthesis/fitting/assembly steps in the Quartus design flow.
At the command-line, type the following command:
Once the process completes, then type:
|Quartus Prime Version||Download Quartus Prime v17.0|
|Quartus Prime Edition||Standard|
Last updated on Feb. 9, 2018, 3:27 a.m.